The recent "outbreak" of Seoul virus has caused me to rethink my adoption policies as follows:
- My rattery is now completely closed. This is not only because of the Seoul virus, but because of the other many viruses that are extremely contagious to pet rats, such as Sendai, SDAV, rat parvoviruses, etc.
- No visiting "the rat room." This is to keep my rats free of all viruses and other pathogens that a person entering may bring on their clothes from contact with another rats or from visiting a pet store.
- I will refund your money up to ONE MONTH POST ADOPTION with proof of reason in the form of veterinary evaluation/results or proof of family/personal emergency.
- There will be no more waitlist
- Reservations will be first come first serve for *PRE-APPROVED* adopters on babies 3+ weeks or as posted on my FB Page
- Reservations will ONLY be made through the East Coast Rattery Facebook Page
- Available babies will RARELY be posted on this website -ALWAYS on FACEBOOK-
- Available babies as well as adults are ONLY and ALWAYS posted in the "Available Rats" album on my FB page. If the album is empty, that means there are no rats available for adoption.
- To secure your reservation, a 50% deposit will be required through Venmo or Paypal (until the deposit is received, the baby will not be reserved for you)
- I will meet an adopter up to 20 minutes away for free. After that, I charge gas reimbursement of $2.60 per 20 miles, there and back, plus any tolls. I will drive up to 2 hours one way.